AddAction (Barking & Dagenham Horizon) provides a range of services to support people aged 18 and over, with alcohol & drugs addiction, into recovery by tackling both treatment needs and wider social reintegration issues, including housing, employment and education.
By addressing the wider holistic needs of our service users, we ensure that our substance misuse services make the best use of local community resources. All our adult substance misuse services are open to substance misusers and their families and carers for whom we facilitate support groups and provide training.
- Blood borne virus testing (HIV/Hep B & C) testing and vaccination
- Advice on harm minimisation and support for those considering reducing their substance use
- Structured motivational support through:
- Complementary therapies
- Intensive key working
- Day programme
- Other focussed groups
- An abstinence programme for people in recovery from drug or alcohol misuse
- Access to other community-based voluntary and self-help groups
- Service user development
- Sunday Social (12 – 5pm open to registered Addaction service users).
For further information or to access services, please see details shown below.